States are facing serious budget constraints, and, as a result, Medicaid programs around the country are on the chopping block. Coverage of Medicaid services and due process protections for beneficiaries are particularly at risk.
NHeLP engages in litigation, prepares written work product, and provides technical assistance to help combat harmful and illegal cuts, protect the due process rights of beneficiaries, and support and coordinate state Medicaid defense advocacy. Materials to support Medicaid defense efforts can be found on this page.
- NHeLP Q&A: Medicaid "Reform" Waivers and the Administrative Procedure Act (Mar. 2013)
- Settlement of IHSS Lawsuit will Prevent Devastating Cuts to Home Care Services (Mar. '13)
- Amicus Brief Supporting Plaintiff's Petition for Rehearing en Banc in Managed Pharmacy Care v Sibelius (Feb. '13)
- Issue Brief: The Importance of Medicaid as an Entitlement Program to Address Reproductive Health Disparities (Jan. '13)
- Update on Private Enforcement of the Medicaid Act Pursant to Section 1983 (Nov '11)
- Cutting and Restructuring Medicaid Should NOT be Part of Deficit Reduction (Oct '11)
- Responding to Medicaid Cutbacks (Oct '11)
- Medicaid Cost-Containment Paper (Updated Sept '11)
- Summary of Cost Sharing Studies Impact on Medicaid Beneficiaries (Aug '11)
- Sign-On Letter to Protect Medicaid (July '11)
- A Medicaid Advocate's Guide to Deference (Jan. '08)