The National Health Law Program (NHeLP) celebrated the second anniversary of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) by releasing a series of one-page factsheets on the Top 5 Ways Health Reform is helping our communities access affordable, quality care and how NHeLP is helping to make health reform a reality. Since 2010, NHeLP has been working with health care advocates and leaders to educate policy makers and consumers about the many benefits the ACA offers. Many of the ACA’s provisions – including improved coverage of preventive care, protections for consumers from unfair insurance company practices, and the new dependent coverage rules that allow young adults to stay on their parent’s insurance plans up to age 26 – are already in effect.
Check out all of NHeLP’s Top 5 factsheets below.
- 5 Ways Health Reform Helps Medicaid Beneficiaries
- 5 Ways Health Reform Helps Older Adults and Individuals with Disabilities
- 5 Ways Health Reform Helps Women
- 5 Ways Health Reform Helps Children and Young Adults
- 5 Ways Health Reform Helps Individuals Get Insurance Coverage
- 5 Ways Health Reform Helps Address Disparities
Download the entire NHeLP Series: Top Ways Health Reform Helps